We are a community of safety and hope where positive relationships, choice, and essential resources transform lives.
Our Guiding Principles
- We serve women, children, and transgender individuals who are experiencing poverty or homelessness
- We believe in hope as an important change agent and hold that hope for everyone
- We believe deeply in the power of community and continue working to develop it
- Our key values include recognizing individual strengths, building respect and trust, and offering acceptance unconditionally
In 2015, The Gathering Place:
- Recorded 54,532 visits by adults and 6,539 visits by children
- Provided 60,679 nutritious meals
- Distributed 2,608 toiletry and hygiene bags
- Distributed 19,200 diapers
- Distributed 66,192 pounds of food
- Tutored 82 different GED students
- Received volunteer time that equated to more than 7 full-time staff positions
Fight indifference. Insist on connectedness. Inspire.